Other Insurance

Does the Scottish Artists Union offer any insurance other than public liability?


Yes, since April 2018 we now offer Professional Indemnity Insurance to our membership. Professional Indemnity insurance can covers legal costs and expenses incurred in your defence, as well as any damages or costs that may be awarded, if you are alleged to have provided inadequate advice, services or designs that cause your client to lose money.

Members can access full details of their Insurance cover here. 

Coverage under this scheme, unlike the public liability benefit, does not come as an automatic benefit of membership. A union member must opt-in to the studio contents insurance, paying an additional fee that will be determined by the specific value of equipment, materials etc. they wish to insure.

Contact Hencilla Canworth, insurance brokers with all enquiries regarding insurance cover and additional policies on 0202 8686 5050.


We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. Click to say I’m fine with this.OK

Facebook Twitter Email