We are a registered Scottish Trade Union, managed by a voluntary executive committee. Mainly supported by our membership fees and in return we offer the following benefits and more:
- Free Product and Public Liability Insurance
- Free Professional Indemnity Cover
- 1/2 an hour Free Legal Advice from Thompsons Solicitors
- Free access to workshops and training events
- Discounts on art materials at many art retail outlets throughout Scotland
- Access to a network of advice, guidance and support on all aspects of professional art practice, including payment disputes and contract negotiations.
We welcome all professional visual artists and makers living and working in Scotland.
Membership fees are £72.00 per year. Annual membership runs from 1st of April to 31st of March and is payable by Direct Debit.
You can join throughout the year and will be charged pro rata e.g. if you join in July you will pay £54.00, and your membership will run to 31st March and automatically renew. You can set up as an annual payment or monthly instalments of £6.00 per month.
Members paying annual fees in monthly instalments:
Your first payment of membership fees will cover the first 3 months of your membership, i.e. 3 x £6.00 = £18.00. After the third month of your membership, your direct debit payments will continue at the fee of £6.00 per month.
Members should note that membership to the Scottish Artists Union is taken on an annual basis; therefore you should continue your membership for a minimum of 12 months. Should circumstances necessitate cancellation before this point, the minimum period of membership is 6 months.
Cancellation policy for existing members:
SAU require a minimum of two week's notice if a member wishes to cancel their membership.
Cancelling a new membership:
If a member wishes to cancel their membership application after the first direct debit fee has already been scheduled for payment, this fee cannot be refunded.