Returned Goods Relief

I don't want to pay VAT/Duty on goods returned to me from outside the UK, what do I do?


Recently one of our members had an online chat with HMRC about Returned Goods Relief. They have kindly shared that chat with us. 

The sender can still declare the full value of the work for insurance purposes, but as long as they write "RETURNED GOODS" on the parcel (close to the delivery address) it should pass through fine. If there are any questions, I should ensure I can provide some sort of evidence that the goods being returned are the same as the goods that were posted.

You can find out more at the HMRC site 

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. Click to say I’m fine with this.OK

Facebook Twitter Email